Race Engine Valve Springs
Our team has been designing and manufacturing high speed and high revving engine valve springs for some of the world’s most demanding Motorsport applications for over two decades. We have worked with wide ranging Autosport engine valve spring applications, ranging from World Rally Car, World Superbike to Le Mans 24, Nascar and Historic F1.
We work with many Original Equipment manufacturers, supplying engine valve springs to some of the world’s fastest supercars, high speed rail engines and the largest cruise liners.
Our valve springs are also used by world championship winning race teams and to set motorcycle world records.
All the parts are manufactured on site at the factory in Blackpool in the north west of England and parts are delivered globally.
We use the world’s best materials including valve quality grades of silicon chrome alloys with the addition of vanadium, nickel and molybdenum for high tensile and ultra-high tensile. Valve grade materials are available in superclean, eddy current tested and shaved options.
All parts are processed with very close attention to detail and to ensure the optimum in surface residual stress. All our valve springs are shot peening to the highest standards and we can offer hot pre-stressing and nitriding for the ultimate in performance and high fatigue.
For the most advanced valve spring applications we can also offer end coil detailing, part identification marking, micro peening and super polishing.
Advanced Spring Damping Design Methodology:
- Progressive Pitch Damping Springs
- Dual Rate Damping Springs
- Laid-on Ends
- Conical Damping Springs
- Beehive Springs
- Interference Fit Damping Springs
We use the World’s best materials:
- Silicon Chrome Valve Quality Spring Wire
- Silicon Chrome Vanadium High Tensile Spring Wire
- SiCr V +Nickel Ultra High Tensile Spring Wire
- Superclean Raw Rod
- Shaved & Peeled Surface Quality Spring Wire
- Eddy Current Testing
- Round, Shaped and Ovate Section Spring Wire
- Shot Peening
- Duplex Peening
- Micro Peening
- Micro Polishing
- Printed Part Marking
- Chamfer Inside Diameter
- Chamfer Outside
- Rounded and Squared End Coils
- Chamfering of End Coils
- Advanced Spring Material Selection
- 3D Spring Calculations
- Spring Maximum Stress and Stress Range Calculation
- Spring Fatigue and Spring Goodman Diagrams
- Spring Relaxation Prediction
Meeting the demands of the modern engine environment
- Aggressive Performance Cam Profiles
- High Turbo Back Pressures
- Variable Valve Timing
- Efficient Spring Damping Technology
- Spring Failure Analysis Service
- Digital Microscopy
- Scanning Electron Microscope SEM
- Micro-hardness Testing
- Microstructure Review
- Root Cause Failure Reporting Service